Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's a Small World afterall...

As anyone who knows me..such as my sister...will tell you that growing up I loved two things (among many)...dolls and Disney. So you can imagine my awe when arriving in Disney World in 1973 and riding "It's a Small World". I could have rode it over and over. Singing that song made my sister crazy. When we were grown and in our early 20's, we went to Disney once again. I couldn't wait for this ride. My sister and godsister, Sheila both cringed at the thought. They were troopers and all aboard we went. I was singing my heart out...off key,of course. Then it happened...the boat got stuck. There was a huge backup of boats in the tunnel and there we sat...and sat...and sat. And guess what? The song just kept on playing! My sister swore that would be her last ride ever (she later recanted when having to ride with her daughters many years later). On March 5th, the writer of "Its a Small World" and many other Disney songs passed away. Thank you Robert Sherman for giving me such amazing memories and that I can return to those memories over and over on each visit to Disney World. Thanks for the memories!

it's a world of laughter, a world or tears
its a world of hopes, its a world of fear
theres so much that we share
that its time we're aware
its a small world after all

No comments: