Tuesday, June 11, 2013

No Excuses

No, there are no excuses for the huge gap between postings except that life has made MANY unexpected twists and turns in the last 6 months - some good but others I wished didn't happen. I will skip the unhappy and unwanted moments and head straight into the good (as there is nothing we can do about the bad except to keep moving forward). First, the boys are all great. They have had an excellent year at school. All are healthy. All are happy. As we are just a few days from the last days of school....though we will not be going on an exciting trip to Space Camp or Memphis (which I would do anything to do again and of course, our church mission group is going to Memphis in August!!). But alas, this summer is close to home. There are lots of camps, vacation bible school days and mission work ahead. As for me, there are more changes then you can imagine. But the two that stand out - I am full time job hunting and will also be having open heart surgery in July. There will be more info to come on that and many of the other life changing moments but for now, life is moving forward whether we want it to or not. There will be rough times ahead but also some amazing new adventures just waiting. I have seen a renewal in my faith, of others and of God when I had started to doubt it the most. I have felt the most blessed during a time when I felt the world was crashing down around me, lonely and lost. Most of all, have felt more love than I ever thought possible. So on that note, I will stop this entry. There will be many to come over the summer. The boys have 3 VBS camps in the first 2 weeks of summer vacation! A perfect way to praise God and all that he has to share with us. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. - Psalm 51:12  

No comments: