Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Makes no sense

It's February already...how, I really don't know. I do know we have had ZERO snow. No sledding. No closed school days. No watching the beautiful white stuff fall from the sky. Just nothing. However, my daffodils and crocus are about to bloom. Yes, its just the beginning of February. This last month has been a slight fog, realizing that life has changed with dad's passing. I feel out of sync. We've been having lots of weekends in our pjs, lots of comfort food (chinese, chocolate and coke...the 3 c's I love the most), and just hanging out with the kids. This week was especially difficult as a young mother of 2 sweet little boys left this world too soon. She lost her battle with inflammatory breast cancer. She blogged about science, kids and science, and women in science. She had a great passion. Its shocking how someone so brilliant, so amazing, so life changing to everyone she met....would leave this life. I ponder the thoughts of why my dad lived to be 84 despite his mental illness, yet Susan had to go so soon. Doesn't make sense and I can't explain it to myself. So all I can say or do....is spend a little extra time with my boys, sharing moments, giving extra hugs and kisses and soak in as much of life I can...be excited for the moments to come. Prayers to the Niebur family.

No comments: